• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 Competition Radio ...

Cobra 29 compition radios from R&R are set up 130% modulation. Variable power and all the good stuff. Not my everyday radio setup. But it is right for a comp radio screaming into an amp oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone
you are better off sounding good and clean. and fine tuned.
Different strokes for different folks.. LOL

Cobra 29 compition radios from R&R are set up 130% modulation. Variable power and all the good stuff. Not my everyday radio setup. But it is right for a comp radio screaming into an amp oneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneoneone

They are splatter boxes the remove the tvi trap slug along god knows what else. Those radios are snake oil and mirrors don't waste your money.

And forget what they say about 130% they might do that but not clean you'll be lucky to get more than 80-90% clean mod with out some work. 130% on that radio will look like crap on a scope

Good discussion...

I have a 99 that is being going through and I will likely match that to an external box.

I also have a very nice Uniden Grant (Philly) that could be worked on also.

130% modulation??? Once the swing kit is installed and you dead key .5 watts and swing up from there, doesn’t the accuracy of a modulation meter suffer? And if it is really 130%, isn’t that just advertising a square wave splatter box radio?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.