• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 ltd classic staying keyed up?

805 california

Jun 29, 2016
San luis obispo, ca
So I have a 2016 cobra 29 ltd classic and when I turn the radio on it shows 4 watts without keying the mic and the tx/rx light stays green. I key the mic and the tx/rx light turns red and I have good modulation. I release the mic, the light goes back green and I still have 4 watts on the meter. The pa works and I hear static coming from receiver. I tried different mics and a new stock final and same thing. I gave it a good visual and no scorched compenets or anything like that. Any idears? I also tried two different meters. Thanks

Reactions: Msredneck

Hmm. Where to buy "just one" 2SA733 transistor?

I would got to Ebay and type "2SA733" in the search box.

Everybody else who sells that part will have a minimum order amount.

Odds are that all the Ebay search hits will be for a quantity of five or more.

The days when you could walk into a local parts distributor and buy just one transistor are pretty well gone.

As for how to replace?

There must be some YouTube vids about replacing a 3-legged transistor in a radio.

• Haha
Reactions: brandon parker

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?