• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 phillipines model and Taiwan model

Texaspete359

Sep 12, 2018
This is something I have been wanting to know for a while.is there any difference on the Philly model from the Taiwan model and what are those differences. I have a Taiwan model and I have acquired a phillipines model from eBay. The thing I was wanting to know is is there something inside that make them different or are they just made in different countries?

Uniden made that model in Taiwan from 1978 until about 1989. Production moved to the Philippines factory until Cobra dropped their supply contract around 1992 or 1993. Uniden then sold the same radio as the "Grant XL".

The build quality from the Philippines plant was the highest in the business.

That's the biggest difference IMHO.

And age. Newer tends to be better, all things being equal.

Uniden made that model in Taiwan from 1978 until about 1989. Production moved to the Philippines factory until Cobra dropped their supply contract around 1992 or 1993. Uniden then sold the same radio as the "Grant XL".

The build quality from the Philippines plant was the highest in the business.

That's the biggest difference IMHO.

And age. Newer tends to be better, all things being equal.

Appreciate the info.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.