• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 st lights?

nat19

Nov 18, 2009
West Virginia
I just got a cobra 29 sound tracker. The lights around the knobs and switches are out and i can't find a bulb/bulbs. Does any one now where they are at.

If all of them are out, I would start off by making sure the appropriate voltages are there. It seems highly unlikely that all of the Nighthawk LEDs would fail.

It's been a long time since I've messed with a Nighthawk radio, but if I remember correctly, you had to remove the bezel to get back to the LED locations.

Unless it is different then the one I had it has no bulbs or LED lights, it uses EL (Electroluminescent) lighting. Kind of a thin strip sandwiched between layers on the faceplate...

The one I had quit working a few months after the fellow I gave it to installed it.

I haven't messed with them but from my research, the small power supply is the part prone to failure, have seen them being sold on Egay for about 20 bucks if i recall correctly....

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.