• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29

Coax Kid

May 5, 2006
Hi everyone
I have a Cobra 29 that is use for a spare, the other day the light on the meter went out, is this a big fix?, also is this a sign of problems down the road.
Thanks
Coax kid

its just a little $1.69 bulb. new one solders in exactly like the old one. its really common for them to go out at least once durring a radios lifetime. any cb shop will change it for you if you dont fell confident or cant get a hold of a bulb (its usually $20 or less). i order a bunch at a time when i order parts.

i wouldnt worry about it being a precurser to evil things to come. the only time a bulb has a negitive effect it seems is on an older 2950 where you loose one you loose all the lights.

I use the same thing a Blue Led On both my radios. I bought pre wired 12 leds (led's with the proper resistor for 13.8 volts. Works great and looks cool
DSC01852.jpg

Any one know where i can get those BIG Blue LED digit display. Id love to do something different in my galaxy. Ive seen The ones in the size that are in my cobra as you can see the cobra's are significantly smaller than the galaxy. I like my radio's to look different. 73's 202 in the constitution THROWIN' IT on the side.

damn im drawing a blank, you get them for the bigger counters for like 2000's but i dont have the page anymore. look up "the mod" group on yahoo. join and they will be able to tell you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.