• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29LX problem

DX # 785. I can't believe Optimas arnt made anymore. Weren't they available last year? What happened? I think I might get the Uniden 980, but I've heard of the radio getting fryed with a minor tune-up and sometimes no tune-up. Can't justify a 300+ radio for CB, I think I'll just get my ticket and spend $ on new/fun/better made equipment.

Reactions: 222DBFL
I bought an HF radio and talk mostly on SSB, 11m. Conditions are very sporadic at this point to say the least as we are close to the end of a cycle and a long cycle as well. So double whammy. Unless you have some locals, getting a ticket isn't a bad idea, I am being pushed to get mine. I will be doing it soon I think. It opens up a lot more stuff especially if you can get your general. With the tech you can mess with a bit of stuff, which even at that opens you up to some other stuff. I listen to 2m/70cm, and my boss just renewed his business freq. and installed a new Icom repeater system. Had the cavities and such already. They just had to be tuned. Or actually to make sure they were still on the correct freq as when last used. A bit of adjusting and a bit of coin dropped for it all, it's nice to be at least under his umbrella and can talk with him on the freq allocated to him. It's not a problem to hit him with 1w of power from a roof mounted dual band mobile antenna on a steel plate LOL! He is only 5 miles away, but still, with what I have setup it works okay. I am able to hear other repeaters that are easily 10 miles away as well. Not the best setup by any means but it works as long as I can hit the repeater. At any rate, study and take the question pools, if you know some stuff already, you should be fine getting at least your tech. Take the general for the heck of it and while some things are still fresh on your mind. Might suprise yourself and make it!! Anyways.
Let me check my log book and see if I wrote your numbers down.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.