• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29NH ST

petey_racer

Sep 16, 2006
Upstate, NY
Hey all.
I have a Cobra 29NH ST that has an intermittent problem. It will drift out and have no receive or TX, at ALL. No dk or swing at all.
Only a very slight hum from the speaker. Then out of nowhere it will have both RX & TX.

I have all the documentation for alignment and tweaking and nothing seems to help.
I see no cut traces and nothing is burned. It did have a bad 1N4001 diode burn up right near the power inlet (D23 I believe) but I replaced that previously.

Any ideas where to check first? Even a direction to go would help.
Thanks all.

OK Petey , it sounds like it might be this TA7310P It's long and skinny and has 9 legs on it. I had a radio that did roughly the same thing yours did and changing that part had fixed my problem. If you have a Cobra 25 or a 21 or simlar chassie parts radio you might be able to swap them out. This is my guesstamation Petey , it might even have a cold solder joint on it ? The part runs about 5 bucks. Wish I could help you more dude. Good luck to you.

petey_racer said:
Thanks Switch. I'll try it and see.

BTW, I found out the "NH" is Night Hawk, as opposed to Night Watch. You do not see very many of them I guess.

They came before the "EGG".

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.