• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29XLR No Transmit

Space Cadet

Jun 20, 2005
Midwest
I've got a Cobra 29XLR here that has got me confused. I can trace a 27mhz signal all the way to the base of the driver, but nothing on the collector except 12.2v (actually it is reading higher, around 13.4), and the audio. Definetly no rf though. Other than the slightly higher Vce, all the voltages look good on the entire tx circuit, from the oscillator to the final.... I have replaced both the final and driver, as well as various other caps and transistors, but there is still no transmit. RX and PA work. One other thing, when I stick a probe on the base of the driver, the rf can be heard in a nearby monitor rx, and the counter shows that the signal going into the base of the driver, from the oscillator, is right on frequency with regards to the channel selector...

Any ideas? What am I missing?
~Vince

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?