• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra Cam 88

The above Astatic handbook doesn't cover the Cam 88 and unlike other Cobra models, finding a schematic on the Cam 88 is difficult, at least on-line. I would first figure out the pin-out of that old 60’s style 4 pin Amphenol jack. I would either buy Sam’s Photofact # 9 or I would take apart the stock mic or plug to determine those connections. Usually with radios this old, only 3 pins will be used, audio, transmit and ground. You probably won’t need to consider any “receive” wire connection. The relay inside the radio will be handling that part. As a side note, some people like to keep the old jack to preserve originality on these old radios Others prefer to change that jack over to the modern 4 pin. That way you can easily swap out any number of mics that use the standard Cobra 4 pin configuration.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.