1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

Cobra gtl 149????

Discussion in 'General CB Services Discussion' started by dave457, May 31, 2019.

1. dave457

dave457 Sr. Member

Never heard or seen this before

2. sonoma

sonoma Sr. Member

I have never seen one either.

3. w9cll

w9cll W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member

I don't think its real

Robb likes this.
  4. SIX-SHOOTER

SIX-SHOOTER Well-Known Member

If it is real it was not released in the USA & not very many anywhere in the world I'd guess. They had lots that never made it to America because of FCC Regulations. There are some much different models on YouTube videos that I have never seen here in the states.Notice the mode switch was FM/USB/LSB with no AM.

SIX-SHOOTER

5. TM86

TM86 Ooohhh, shiny!

Took a little hunting, but I found a sister unit called "Wagner SSB 309". Owner's manual here: https://www.manualslib.com/products/Wagner-309-4942456.html

There may have been other iterations as the Pearce Simpson Super Jaguar MKII or the Ferris CB8000. And I've seen one reference to a radio called the "Sky Arrow 250" that looks like this with FM instead of PA. Found that here: http://www.transmission1.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=13958

I don't think this chassis was ever intended for the US, so we just never saw it.

Robb likes this.
  6. Dmans

Dmans Well-Known Member

I don't see FM on the mode switch of the "video intro" still on post #1 at all.
    And it appears that the model of this unit (per the still shot) is Cobra GTL149-AM/SSB.

Maybe it's just me?

73's
    David

7. kaos513

kaos513 Well-Known Member

That is a blackbox radio and I think was for Europe.

8. Dmans

Dmans Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% sure but I think he was repairing a problem where it was off frequency. It appears that it has the US 40 channel band as channel 1 was at 26.906(or thereabouts) prior to the repair??
    Curious what the "Push B" knob did on the clarifier/Squelch VR? Maybe a dual band switch?

73's
    David

I want one!

9. TM86

TM86 Ooohhh, shiny!

It activates SuperWhackPack Mode and blows up your radio 5 seconds after keying the mike.

B... for Busted.

Maybe I should check the owner's manual again. That doesn't look right.

TheRATT likes this.
  10. Chevboy0167

Chevboy0167 Well-Known Member

Looks like a smaller chassis... kewl.