• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Collapsible Fabric Yagi

Huh... I don't think I'll try this, but this is interesting:

Make: Online : Collapsible fabric Yagi antenna
LOL Ugly Betty.

fabricYagiinpark1b.jpg

The young lady in the pictures is very sharp,and pretty nice looking

She has a video out of her setting up a dipole antenna for qrp operations and making a few contacts

Pretty ingenious design, especially the collapsible elements. Did anyone else notice that it's a 2m/440 antenna: 2 elements on 2m and 3 on 440? I like how she figured out how to make the elements collapsible; I probably could not have come up with that idea on my own. My guess is that she got the idea from tent poles.

Yeah, pretty cool-- but a guy wouldn't have done that. Nah, he'd have come up with threaded stainless inserts from leftover Abrams tank parts...

Hey, at least she has orange ear plug thingys on the elements. She may glow in the dark, but she won't put anybody's eye out.

I found a youtube vid set by her a while back,she was going over setting up a dipole to use with a yeasu 817 for a field day or hiking trip as well as a few more things with ham radio that she was invloved with at the time...I took the time to watch her vids....she is a very bright young lady,and the vids were well done....

I was happy to watch her invloved with ham radio for a hobby ...it would be nice to see more young folks getting invloved in ham radio

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.