• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Colt Excalibur SSB base.

Maybe a EPT069610Z ??? If I remember right the North American Excalibur's used the 02A, not sure about the exports.

Maybe a EPT069610Z ??? If I remember right the North American Excalibur's used the 02A, not sure about the exports.

The exports in Europe did too,they were known as Ham Internaional Jumbo's here,with the first 2 versions being 120 ch and the third being 200ch,they used slightly different cybernet boards which were the same as the ones found in the mobile cybernet ssb radios of the time,Ham int concorde/hygain 5/cobra 150gtl etc.

Not known for being quality and always less preferred than uniden ssb boarded radios although there was a few people liked them,god knows why.A few colt excalibers made it here too back in the 80's but as ham international was based in belgium it was mostly their derivatives that came to the UK.

If you like the look of them the galaxy 2517 etc has the same look but with a far superior circuit board and would be a far better choice.

DX tag was on both the real 148 GTLDX, and the Copy Cybernet made which was an attempt to cash in on the Popularity and scarcity of the Uniden based board. Never forget my first Fake which LES played stupid on, lol...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.