• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Colt Excalibur??

NightOwl3261

Jul 24, 2020
Years ago this one of my first export radios. Its long gone from my radio room. Twice I have seen these on eBay well over a thousand $$$ price tag.
Are they worth that or are they just rolling the dice.
I would love to have one again for memories sake, but not more than a few hundred dollars. The thing I remember is it had a wonderful receiver to listen to with no fatigue. Quiet yet had great ears. So the question is do they really bring those kind of $$$$ for a real clean one. Beat they seem to want $500

I know I just have a warm place in my heart for what was my very first export radio and realizing there was a whole new world outside of the legal 40. I am serious though when I say it had a wonderful receiver to listen to for long periods of time with low fatuque. It was dead center on frequency warm or cold. Find me one for $200 and it's sold!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.