• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Commercial Broadcast Radio on the way out?

I read it. Thats makes a lot of sense. But the biggest battle they will have to fight now will not be public reception, it’ll be “public perception.” I think in peoples’ minds they see AM as boring and they won’t listen to it. It would take a lot of work to turn that tide.

Reactions: Crawdad
Am radio is dead. I started listening to political talk radio as a kid in the 90s. Am talk radio was going strong until the "pandemic" when almost all of the popular regional am comentators died. Betwen that, Rush Limbaug's death and most of the political stations being turned into money loosing sports stations was probably the final nail in the coffin.

They've been saying this for I don't know how long.... AM radio is strong and going nowhere

Top-Talk-Audiences-April-23.jpg

Up here in Central Pennsylvania (State College area and surrounding area) we had a Local talk station on the AM dial( 1390 Wrsc) for the longest time,well just recently it was bought out and it moved to 9.53 FM and renamed WRSC Newstalk ,now its lot clearer to listen to and still has the same old local feel so to speak,it seems around here that the AM stations are being moved to the FM dial for more power output and less static interference!!

Steve

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.