• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Computer programming an FT-7800

KD4UPL

Aug 5, 2012
This 7800 is my first computer programmable radio. I'm using the CHIRP software. I'm less than impressed but the price was right.
There doesn't seem to be any way to program the hyper memories thru the software. Is this just an issue with the CHIRP software and another brand would work (RT Systems or G4HFW)? Or, does the radio just not allow computer programing of hyper memories and they have to be set up using the front panel.
Does anyone have experience with other software for this radio? How do you like it?
Thanks

You can program hyper channels with R T systems software. I have 2 yaesu 7800 radios with R T systems software, they are great radios, never any trouble with them. Have used them for 10 years.

Yaesu has a program that will do that programming. Not the simplest thing in the world, but it'll work. Just learn to do the programming.
- 'Doc

G4HFQ does in fact allow for programming the hyper memories. I guess I'll have to go ahead and spend the $15. OR, program everything by the front panel. Is used to do that all the time but now with 100's of memories and other settings the computer makes so much more sense.
Since my wife got her license and now my mother-in-law I want to try and keep all the "family" radios programmed the same.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?