• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Conex 3300hp-zx

jonathan

Mar 14, 2007
Memphis Tn.
Here is the ultimte general question. I picked up a Connex 3300hp-zx about 7 years ago. I only used it once and put it up. I just got it out of the box again a month ago and hooked it up. Now, the general quetion is, "Does any one have any info on this radio that a now techie can understand?" I have been to the Ranger web site and found the specs for the radio and for the most part I get it. I guess basically what I am looking for is what people have heard about this radio and if anyone else has one, what they think of it. I guess what it boils down to is, I just want info. Hope this post makes some sense. Thanks for any info.

If you go to cbtricks.com they have all the information you would need. If it was properly tuned and converted by a good tech when you bought it I would not tinker with anything.

Thanks for the info. It helps alot. Was "worked" on when I first got it. Want to send it to someone how knows what they're doing. Looking around for that right person. Also wanting on the money to be able to pay for it. Hopefully they will both come real soon.

10-4, you might consider 8541 Electronics, DTB radio, or Freecell. All are members here on the forum and have good reps.

They all sound pretty good to me. Maybe I should do this like the military, go for the lowest bid....After a second of consideration that does not sound like a good idea. The military has not had that good of luck with that one either. Who knows, flip a coin.

Was looking at another post and people were talking about a lot of noise in conveted radios because of all the "extra" channels and the range it covers freq. wise(hope that makes sense). Here is my question. Is there a way to remove the 10 meter channels all together and if there is, is there a possibility that it will quiet the recieve noise.

It's more a matter of how the radio has been tuned and the nature of the filtering in the radio. I'm sure either DTB or 8541 can do a good job of aligning the radio both on transmit and receive. You can also beef up the filtering with a channel guard kit from CBC international.

At the end of the day, you need to find a tech you can trust if you don't feel comfortable working on your own gear. (that would be a vast majority of people on most boards). Then listen to the person you send your work to instead of "online experts." 8)
preacherman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.