• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3300 HP noise on transmit

eyecue

May 3, 2019
I have a Connex 3300hp with the ept360015C board that is making a wisshhing noise when it transmits. Even with no microphone element attached, if I key it, there is a parasitic wave coming down the line as modulation. Any ideas? I bypassed the echo and talkback board and that was not it.

I would start by listening to this radio's signal on a radio and then switching from AM to FM on the receiver.

If the noise is louder on FM, this points to the radio's PLL section. And if it's louder with the receiver on AM, I would start looking for loose ground screws on the circuit board, or any signs of lightning. Each of the circuit board screws has a disc capacitor with one leg connected to the foil pad under the screw head. Any signs of stress from those capacitors suggests a lightning surge of some kind.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: