• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3300 lights.

smokestack

Sep 11, 2005
Clinton Indiana
My meter light went out and i was wondering instead of getting the white light again is it hard to make it light up blue like the newer radios? I would like to get the channels and the meter blue but cant spend alot of money. And if it cost too much to be worth it,, Is it expensive to change the light? Or can someone like me that doesnt know much at all do it? Thanks in advance.

The channel display isn't too hard to do if you are careful about removing the old one and installing the new one. I recommend some kind of blue cellophane over the channel windo to darken it a mite. The meter isn't hard either. Just use a high-brightness LED with about a 560-ohm resistor in series, and solder it to the original light bulb leads.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Tim Chambers:
    Pres. Bill 2 FCC mod just posted
  • @ AWP:
    Is it possible to be on a lake and have a homing directional beam being emitted from the shore so a person could navigate to that beam's source? For example at night to a jetty.
  • @ BJ radionut: