• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3300hp (hockey puck)

desert rat

Mar 29, 2006
mp3db.in.ua
Traded Magnum S3 for 3300hp. So far as I can tell HP stands for hockey puck as the receive on this radio is poor. My Uniden 66 is better. Is this the norm for Connex or does it need to be tuned? If so,can someone reccomend a good shop? Thanks.

I use a Connex 3300HP as a base unit for local talking and I dont have any problems with mine. Might want to try a different ant. but it probably needs to be retuned.As far as a shop goes,to do the work I use a local who is real good. But Im sure some of the other members will chime in on who to send it to.Good luck

That definitely sounds like a tuning issue. I run into many exports of that type that were never retuned after being converted from 10 meter operation to CB operation. Alot of techs seem to think that just because the radio is broad-banded, it will receive and transmit equally well in all bands. They totally ignore actual realignment of the radio for best operation in the CB band, and instead use the clip-and-chop approach to "tuning" the radio.

Shop where I got it says it is tuned to factory specs.It does 2 watts dk on low 10 dk on high and swings to 35 on both.Receive is very noisy and doesn't seem to hear over 5 miles unless it is a really strong signal.Thanks for the comeback all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.