• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3400 HP problems

Welcome HS,It seems the 3400hp uses the same main board as a Galaxy DX33hp2.The she magic can be found at cbtricks.com.Just make sure the board number in your radio matches the 1 you are using as a reference.Also would be interested to know what mod is done thats making it sound bad?

Welcome HS,It seems the 3400hp uses the same main board as a Galaxy DX33hp2.The she magic can be found at cbtricks.com.Just make sure the board number in your radio matches the 1 you are using as a reference.Also would be interested to know what mod is done thats making it sound bad?
*Shematic

No idea what it is, as I said, my experience is about zero, from what I've read from the little info I found online about this radio, (guessing) swing mod

2016-05-25 03.20.09.jpg 20160525_032237.jpg first picture, blue circles show a transistor with 2 legs desoldered and pulled out, only one leg left in board, second circle shows a diode in series with a resistor...

Second picture the yellow wire disappears under a board in the front, looks like it may go to the talk back pot

(Not pictued)
Also, there are 2 small mylar caps (I think that's what they are called, little brown mickey mouse ears) soldered on what the outer legs of what I believe would be the finals

Last edited:
Picture #1 shows that the modulation limiter transistor has been removed, and a swing mod has been installed. That explains the nasty, muffled audio. Picture #2 shows that there has been an "improved talkback" mod installed. In all honesty, they should be removed and you'll sound fine again.

~Cheers~

Picture #1 shows that the modulation limiter transistor has been removed, and a swing mod has been installed. That explains the nasty, muffled audio. Picture #2 shows that there has been an "improved talkback" mod installed. In all honesty, they should be removed and you'll sound fine again.

~Cheers~
So, just to be clear, remove the wires and other parts, then put the transistor back in and should be good right? What about that diode soldered in series with the resistor? And thank you very much

Remove the diode from the resistor, and reinstall the resistor. Reinstall the transistor. Remove the red wire with the 1uf capacitor and the 1k ohm resistor and you should be in business. You won't have near the swing, but your audio will be MUCH cleaner. Hope this helps. :)

~Cheers~

Remove the diode from the resistor, and reinstall the resistor. Reinstall the transistor. Remove the red wire with the 1uf capacitor and the 1k ohm resistor and you should be in business. You won't have near the swing, but your audio will be MUCH cleaner. Hope this helps. :)

~Cheers~
Thanks exit, wish I had a soldering iron in my truck, guess I'll have to wait till I get home.

Sorry to post in an old thread, new here, I'll get to the point. I bought a used 3400hp from a cb shop. Went back 3 times because I was told by others it sounds like crap (over modulated) opened it and found some kind of mod done, can't seem to find anything online like a schematic, would be eternally grateful for some good pictures of the inside so I can put it back to factory

After careful research, I found that the Connex saturn cx 33 s s b is the exact same as a galaxy 99 v. Board.

So, just to be clear, remove the wires and other parts, then put the transistor back in and should be good right? What about that diode soldered in series with the resistor? And thank you very much

Leave that diode in that is soldered to the transister.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.