• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3400 HP problems

You don't want the diode soldered inline with the resistor. That isn't factory. It's a very poorly done "swing" mod... it'll make you splatter all over the band. Junk modification.

Reinstall that transistor, remove the diode and reinstall the resistor, and you'll be in great shape. You'll sound real nice on the air again. You can turn up the modulation pot on the board if you want a little extra swing.

~Cheers~

Reactions: LeapFrog and Robb
Just a follow up, removed all the junk from the connex, works great now. Took it to another cb shop, just to make sure everything was done right. Thanks for all the help. You really know your stuff

Can you pull the cover, and see what board it has in it?
A lot of these radios use the same main board, with a different case/face.
How high was the power output?
You probably know this already, but it is not a good idea to run them balls to the wall and stay on the key all day.

Jeff
Can you pull the cover, and see what board it has in it?
A lot of these radios use the same main board, with a different case/face.
How high was the power output?
You probably know this already, but it is not a good idea to run them balls to the wall and stay on the key all day.

Jeff
Hey there I seen the poast is haveing the power all the way up going to burn up the raido? I have a connex 3400hp and a couple days a go the chanle light went out or it didnt say what chanle i was on but there was power to the radio and I couldn't get out or recive when this happend so I would like to know what would cause that if any budy could answer me please

Chance are, that the tech that replaced the finals had to re-set the bias on the transistor as well. Well; one would hope that he did - anyway. So, either your friend set up his antenna that a) compromised the integrity of the coax (smashed it down flat or gave it too sharp of a bend while installing it) or b) put the antenna in such a place that gave it too high amount of reflected power back into the final.

Just for starters . . .
:ROFLMAO:

Hey there I seen the poast is haveing the power all the way up going to burn up the raido? I have a connex 3400hp and a couple days a go the chanle light went out or it didnt say what chanle i was on but there was power to the radio and I couldn't get out or recive when this happend so I would like to know what would cause that if any budy could answer me please
I was told at one point that if the little watch battery went bad it would do that, I don't know for sure, but a cheap thing to try before taking to a shop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.