• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex 4300hp conversion help

troyota

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
May 9, 2007
hello, a friend has bought a new connex 4300hp. i was needing the conversion and peak and tune for him. i was thinking its the same as the 3300, but there is no number on the board. so i thought i would ask here first, before i told him how to do it.
thanks very much guys

the 4300 and the 3300 have the same board should try cbtricks.com..there site is well worth looking at before doing anything to any radio. BTW i have a 4300 and it walks the dog and kicks the cat ..echo is very touchy on the 4300 you only have to turn it on just past the click..match the knobs usally about 7:00 to 8:00

thanks for the info. i checked there the other night and cb tricks had crashed. i hadnt checked since. still no peak and tune on there but im pretty sure its athe same as the 3300. i will wait till someone verifies this.
thank you very much.

Hi guys,

Searched for other threads on this and found this one.

I just got one myself. This radio should finally fit my needs and be done with it in the vehicle.

The 4300's are great radios but have an inherent problem from new. Yes they WILL work with just the 11 meter conversion performed, but tend to be squealy at some settings like full power, full mic gain and sometimes any talkback usage.

I got burned....it's so shameful I know:( but I will man up and admit that I paid Coppers $30 for their expand & tune service.

Sure the radio "works" as arrived but was not acting right and was easy to make it squeal.

So I ring up my trusted - but 40 mile away - tech at a radio shop, and he tells me yeah yeah blah blah the 4300 series is great but the talkback circuit is defective or not optimally matched or something to work right with the radio when the rest of the radio is properly realigned, peaked and tuned to deliver the 90 watts out (from original 70) that they all will do...and to be loud with a big swing of course.

So I tote it over to him, he shows me the sloppy work coppers did, repaired...he called it completely reworked.... the talkback circuit, and correctly peak & tuned.

So there we go. This talkback circuit mod. is apparently needed on the 4300 and perhaps some other of the HP models too. Fix that....and you got ya a 90watt screamer in the mobile! gonna kick some tires and light some fires :p:

Also did not immediately find any peak & tune info on the net either, and certainly nothing about the talkback circuit issue. These are awesome radios and it looks like the techies are keeping quiet about this one :D We'll have to see about that.....;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.