• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 4300HP Daughter Board

TheRealPorkchop

Certified Sith Pimp
Aug 25, 2015
NC
The board that mounts on the rear of the radio and holds the 2290, anybody got the PCB layout so I print one to a copper board? I need to make one and don’t have a pattern to go by.

If you look on CB Tricks at the S980 you’ll see the board for the dual mosfets that make it an 80 watt. They don’t have that board layout for the 4300HP. Anybody have that or have ideas on how to get it?

Much thanks!

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

Nobody on this either huh? I’m gonna start calling myself the “king of unanswered threads”. This would be a great alternative to the 2290 in a Galaxy thread, a much better plan if you’re determined to do it.

That’s unavailable too. I’d like to find that thing, what’s it called, that you can print and transfer to a copper board and etch yourself... not a stencil but... what is that thing called.

I’d make my own. Still need a schematic to know what to remove and/or add to back of the radio to make it all work but it can’t be that hard.

That’s unavailable too. I’d like to find that thing, what’s it called, that you can print and transfer to a copper board and etch yourself... not a stencil but... what is that thing called.

I’d make my own. Still need a schematic to know what to remove and/or add to back of the radio to make it all work but it can’t be that hard.

A solder mask?

86B48720-5454-492C-A674-D53C99DA7CFD.png
This, see how that is printed out? You can run that through a laser printer and then transfer that to a copper pcb and etch it out.

Then the other is a S-980 version...

Youngling Porkchop posted this...

MagnumS-980.png

And the schematic is this...
MagnumS-980.jpg

Now your life is complete Young Padawan...

Go forth and burn their lips off...

Yea I saw that at CB Tricks but the blank to make your own board isn’t there like the one for the S980 I posted. I just believe that would be a better alternative to the 2290 in a radio than the other way. I guess when that radio was available I should have got my hands on one and copied it then.

It looks to me that the S980 board is just a duel mosfet board not a amp board where the 93T is a actual amp board. It looks like the S980 board slips in where the final goes. The S980 looks a bit more simple and the final transistors are much cheaper compared to the 2SC2290. My guess is less power out of the S980 board.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.