• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 4300HP Daughter Board

The S980 board is a dual driver board, that’s where the 80 watts comes in on those radios, I believe. I only posted it as an example, it’s not an amp board, definitely.

I guess what I’ll have to do is take the schematic for that 4300HP amp final section and then design my own board based off the factory pics, close as I can get. Then make my own somehow... it seems you can’t buy that board nowhere, old stock or otherwise. And I don’t believe the 93T or whatever is available now either.

You mean a parts radio or just another radio altogether? Only seen one on eBay and it was at the unbelievably low price of $350. I’ll pass on that price, though it might be worth it to get the information I want. Just couldn’t recoup my money from it most likely.

The 980 is more like an RFX75 - you just need to install a AN7530 and you'd HAVE an RFX75 on the back panel. (Replaces Q2)

The problem would be the audio drive - most foil traces couldn't handle all that current for long runs - so even if you could install a Palomar Maxi mod, it wouldn't handle the needed cushion of 20A inrush current SOA margin.

You would have to burnish off the "enamel shellac" and beef up the foil to obtain an possible level of survivability of the trace to handle the current.

Now, I'm not saying it's not possible - you just have to PARALLEL another AM regulator branch to do this.

What I was working on the CB Tricks in the (Asymetric mods) forums part of the website before it crashed...

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.