• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex 4600turbo

4600turbo

Aug 27, 2006
I have this radio and the recieve is very noisy. I can hear people talking at a distance. but the noise covers most of the long distance rx. The radio has been on a signal generator and aligned. but still the nois persist.

I was wondering if i would change the 2sc1674 for a 2sc2999 transistor would help this radios recieve peformance?

or anyother suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I pretty sure it has the 2sc1674.

4600turbo just found out why galaxy/connex et al are dumped on so often. gotta get yourself a uniden SSB chassis radio. oh wait, they don't make them anymore because truckers prefer the obnoxious transmit of lesser-receive quality radios. at the moment, if you want a receiver with less static, you're stuck with either an S-series magnum or a stryker. :!:

JustinDePolis said:
It does have the 2sc1674 for the 1st RF amp. Changing it to a higher gain 2sc2999 will only make the problem worse. The probom in these radios is the VCO sampling, mixing, and IF stages.

So is anything that can be done to quiet the noise so i can hear.

Will lowering the VCO voltage help?

It sounds like a lot of tweaking to get this radio to receive well.

Reading this forum i found a fix for the 2970 and they had switched the transistors for the fix. Saying that the 2sc2999 had higher gain but with less noise.

I love this radio's audio. Loud and proud.

I didn't know this radio had lesser receive.

It was between this radio and the RCI-6900 f 150.

Have a friend that has the RCI and he had the same problem but he had it sent back to RCI because of a problem with it. When it came back the radio did not have the receive problem any more. They must have realigned it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.