• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 4800 DXL

To my knowledge they made two models. First was the one you and I have the dxl. They then came out with a dxl-e. This model included echo where the swr cal knob was on the original. They also added talkback to the e model. I believe the on/off was put where the s/rf button was on the original. I bought mine new years ago and ran it in my pick up for years. With a 2 pill and a Wilson 5k...it was a good talking setup. I later converted mine to a "dxl-e" by adding echo and talkback. I put a custom face plate decal on it to finish off the look. If your into extra channels this export satisfies with 12 bands of 40ch. A great old rig but I sometimes kinda wish I would've just left it in stock form...

Reactions: Keto
What is the Freq range of this radio A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,l wow
Years ago I stumbled across two guys talking around 24.400 or so. The band was up and I just couldn't resist asking where they were. Turned out to be two brothers down in Louisiana. I didn't talk to them long for 2 reasons. 1. Swr was throughthe roof. 2. I don't mind doing a little "freebanding" but below the 12 meter amateur band is a bit extreme for me! I did asked why they were WAY down here? Said they wanted privacy. Lol

RCI made a RCI6900F that was about the same inside. The 12-band thing was their way of "one-upping" the other 6 and 8-band radios sold at the time.

Just one problem. It was made both with a SMT main circuit board, and with conventional through-hole components. Seems only the SMT version is posted at CB Tricks.

I'll poke about and see if any paper docs turn up.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.