• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex CX 3300 HP wiring diagram ...

WINKDOGG

President CFO & CPFO WorldwideDX Radio
Feb 21, 2011
New Jersey
Ok so my loudmouth , audio monster , skip shooter mobile is on the bench :( I cant find a legit wiring diagram anywhere ?? I have both wires broken off of the meter (purple and red I believe ) Also a short black wire off of the power / squelch knob has broken free . I am a good googler and have a few of these older dual final radios but nothing has the same wire colors I would love a wiring diagram but would also like pictures of the older cx 3300hp if you have one !

This is my big audio skipwalker and I need her back inline on the setup asap or I become Mr Local , Mud Duck Central and nobody wants that hahahah lol

Any help is much appreciated , help the audio monster give me feedback please . These forums are always there when I need them and I do my best to help others because of all the help I have gotten from the dx worldwide is awesome but all the googles in the world cant find me pics or a diagram of my radio ;( ;(

Thanks , 73 WINKDOGG 4-2-ZERO NJ Waving , Thanks in advance !

@WINKDOGG - Start Here ...
DX88HL Meter wiring...

Otherwise if I try to give you a wiring diagram - you lose the details from the entire file is too large for viewing in this scheme...PDF of an EPT3600 Board if you can view it ok? IT's attached - you can thank Benny for this...

DX88 is an EPT board...but its. Power Switch is also included...

Else you can use any DX33 HML Galaxy board layout wiring for this...

Now as far as color code, this changes from year to year and even in production - because they simply ran out of a spool of one so they drop in another as long as it doesn't conflict with the rainbow wiring colors they're already using - you'll see some pretty bizarre pastels and neon colors from those years, kinda fun but weird at the same time...

So it's more of Point to Point numbering - or paint by numbers schemes used for best results - you cannot guarantee the wiring color code, but you can RESTORE it by using the approach; if this goes to this leg, then this goes to this number on this specific jumper header... the layout is in the PDF or follow on the link which removes all the other stuff to help you isolate to the spot your are talking about...

Attachments

• DX33HM-4.PDF
    138.6 KB · Views: 60
Reactions: NZ8N and WINKDOGG
hey buddy thanks ! Have the meter relighted and swinging hard !! However my sealed lead acid battery is my portable test power and I hit it with a blast of +-/ -+ bs and the battery is unfused ;( Do you happen to know the protection diode number and locality ??

Im not an idiot I just had female quick connects direct to the battery and when I yanked them loose I popped them back on backwards :(

tHX 4-2-ZERO

@WINKDOGG - Start Here ...
DX88HL Meter wiring...

Otherwise if I try to give you a wiring diagram - you lose the details from the entire file is too large for viewing in this scheme...PDF of an EPT3600 Board if you can view it ok? IT's attached - you can thank Benny for this...

DX88 is an EPT board...but its. Power Switch is also included...

Else you can use any DX33 HML Galaxy board layout wiring for this...

Now as far as color code, this changes from year to year and even in production - because they simply ran out of a spool of one so they drop in another as long as it doesn't conflict with the rainbow wiring colors they're already using - you'll see some pretty bizarre pastels and neon colors from those years, kinda fun but weird at the same time...

So it's more of Point to Point numbering - or paint by numbers schemes used for best results - you cannot guarantee the wiring color code, but you can RESTORE it by using the approach; if this goes to this leg, then this goes to this number on this specific jumper header... the layout is in the PDF or follow on the link which removes all the other stuff to help you isolate to the spot your are talking about...

Well, you have or supposed to have...Two - but if you can't see the one circled in Yellow...throw the board away.

Why? Because it may have popped several traces as well as TON of parts that are worth nothing now...

How So? They don't always put in D93 - I've seen and told my former Boss - the Protection Diodes being gone-out of these boards has DESTROYED the Galaxy line - for that part, being missing now, takes out the ability to "pop the fuse" as in a Trace - so you WOULD have had a means to protect the rest of the radio where the power connector is...

Since they don't - now pretty much everything is toast..
!galaxy33HMLConnexPower.gif

Reactions: Tokin
Im not an idiot I just had female quick connects direct to the battery and when I yanked them loose I popped them back on backwards :(

tHX 4-2-ZERO

Ouch! Momentary dyslexia is real folks. We all have our moments and when I have to eat my own shit sandwich I prefer it to be on toasted rye with a little mustard.
I sure hope its ok.

d23 and d29 both in place both look fine so isolated 1 end of each and checked them both and both appear fine on the multimeter :( was hoping it would be that easy !

very close inspection of all traces with no signs of damage ????

Thanks all , Brian

Good so far, but in my repair experiences, the diodes won't blow - the most expensive parts do, to protect those diodes...the more sever those diodes are in being blown apart, indicates the severity of the internal damages where the board has been rendered useless - too many blown parts...

If it doesn't seem to have a frequency - that reversal moment usually takes out either IC5 or IC10 - rendering the VCO useless - no frequency.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated