• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex CX 566SB Cb Radio Mod Limiter?

Hi All,

Does anyone know where the "Mod Limiter" is located in a Connex CX 566SB Cb Radio? There is a guy in town here who bought one and he bleeds all over 40 channels. He specifically told the guy who tuned his radio not to cut the mod limiter when he had the radio peaked and tuned. I am wondering if the guy cut it anyway and that is why I need to know the location of it to see. Could it be possible that maybe just the ALC is cranked up to high and the "Mod Limiter" is still in place? I appreciate any help, it is causing people to get cranky and we want to fix the problem.

Thanks All,

I think that radio is basically a 959( EPT069610Z) in terms of the circuit board, parts layout, etc.
Best way to make sure is Open the radio and compare it to the Board in a 959
The Adjustment points can be found here.

Galaxy Radios DX959 Service Manual

And TX alignment is here
Galaxy Radios DX959 Service Manual[/URL]
If VR 16 is cranked wide open, turn it down.

Thanks to Bennie @ CB Tricks.

Jeff

The limiter can be defeated several ways, it could be but still appear in tact on the board. Find the modulation VR pot and see if the loudness of the radio changes when this is twisted. Or find a local with a scope and see if the signal flat tops.

How far away do the other guys live from him that he is bleeding on?

And is bleedy guy also running an amp?

If the others aren't far away and he is running an amp he might bleed on them no matter what he runs.....

You pays your money....you bleeds on de udder guys....you collect your WAN Award

Worked All Neighbors
interview.gif

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.