• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex CX-566SB

looks nice. if it works at least as good as dthe 959 or better then it might
make a decent ssb mobile.im glad to see more ssb cb radios coming back
i mean bacially we got 2 choices the galaxy has 3 models but basically
the SAME radio with a different faceplate or smaller design but pretty the same inside.
and we got the cobra 148 front mic.so without counting the exports ssb radios
our choices are really limited. hopefully connex kept thier am audio combined
with a decent ssb would make a nice mobile.gonna keep my fingers crossed

Looking foward to CB Radio Magazines test of the radio before I buy one, it might have the Galaxy drifting issue which would make it a no sale for me

my guess it uses the same ranger 6900 series mainboard that the newer galaxys and superstars use. almost certonly going to drift a bit as every other radio with that main board does.

Hmm.. Another SSB radio with no freq counter. :mad: Why can't someone make a SSB rig with a 6 digit freq counter and no drifting issues?:unsure: I'm tired of having to add a freq counter as a external unit to my radios. I can't seem to find one with a counter just a freq display and I agree this is one FUGLY radio. I'm sure someone on here is going to comment on my drift box 949 yer it drifts and that is why I would love to replace it but can't find what I want.

buy a used hf radio, no drift and you wont find anything that works ssb better.

i had a magnum s9, it was a pos with no cross channel rejection and it drifted on ssb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.