• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex radios

SF509

Jun 27, 2005
detroit
i was thinking about buying one but i had a couple of people tell me there junk can anyone help me. i was looking at the 4800

I've had a 4800 DXL for several years. Use it mainly on AM...SSB Drifts some when cold, takes about 15 to 20 mins to settle down. Other than the drift it's a gooid radio. Not a whole bunch different than the 148 export.

It's funny, 15 years ago around here they were the hot item. Everyone loved the audio with a touch of echo . But like anything else something new comes along and it becomes the "hot" item.

right now i run a 148 but no freq. disply sometimes it hard to tell where your at i would like to try to keep about the same size radio because i modified my center counsole and the radio fits in the arm rest and no one can see it i need something with a side mic plug

Hi SF509:
You could use an Adapter for the Microphone in the Uniden HR2510,I seem some microphone conectors that comes in "L" Shape or Adapters to make a regular conector into an "L" Shape.
Check it out might work in your aplication.

Hope this helps
Tecnicoloco
73 de

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.