• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex radios

SF509 said:
are the 2950 still being made

Yup - it looks like this:

rci2950dx.jpg

I have had a hr2510 and enjoyed ssb on the rig greatly.I have had a 2950 also a great rig. A local uses a 2970dx that smokes also on AM and SSB.So Ranger is a sound choice for a good AM SSB rig. 8)

AudioShockwav said:
I am running A RCI 2950DX in my pickup right now, using it to drive a TS/500V. It is a very good setup.

Jeff
What is your drive into your TS 500 from your 2950 ? In other words , DK and swing of your radio. thanks

On Am mode, I run the T/S full open on the vari, and have it set for 170/180 watt dead key, and let it go from there, I see peak (palstar wm150) at the 480/500 watt level and everything is Happy.
I have not put the meter in line from the radio to the amp...I just set it at the output of the T/S
It will do more than that, but I do not have a problem running it at this level.
It will do in excess of 600 watts (peak) on SSB with the radio full open.
14.2 volts, yellow top, 165 amp alt.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.