• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Contex 500 Tube Amp

My brother, Chris! I've never considered anyone I knew, to be my Elmer, but if I ever need advice, I'll drop you a line, before posting a question. I know chris, to be a modest person, and definitely gives credit, for all the technical hobby, related knowledge he has gained, to all the very knowledgeable members, and now people he considers friends, here on wwdx. 73 God bless you all. Your old friend Jojo.
Good to see you around jojo, hope all is well. I have been blessed with a career change opportunity, but I still haven't decided yet. Work and family have kept me busy, but I still find time to play radio. I am still available to put your antenna up, just let me know. Stay well.
Chris

Reactions: Sonar
That's a good point, the choke doesn't appear to be burnt though. Still running strong without any other problems. I suspect the input tune was never ideal to begin with, because tube radios don't care about swr. In the olden days, people didn't even know that swr was. It has been a while since I used it, I will fire it up tonight.
In my testing, they do not need to appear to be burnt..granted, one that did appear to be burnt had an swr of 5..another 2 now, appearing to not burnt, are reading 3 and 4..best of luck with your tests..the chokes are 15 bucks or so for 4 on ebay, it's cheap insurance..

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Good to see you around jojo, hope all is well. I have been blessed with a career change opportunity, but I still haven't decided yet. Work and family have kept me busy, but I still find time to play radio. I am still available to put your antenna up, just let me know. Stay well.
Chris
I never doubted, that you would stop by the qth, in order to put my antenna up. I know some time has passed, and just as much time might pass, that has already, until I'm ready to put the IMAX 2000 backup, but I know you're on board my brother. I'm glad to hear about the career opportunity, and either way I hope everything works out for you, brother Chris. I will keep in touch. 73 for now. Your friend, Jojo.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I never doubted, that you would stop by the qth, in order to put my antenna up. I know some time has passed, and just as much time might pass, that has already, until I'm ready to put the IMAX 2000 backup, but I know you're on board my brother. I'm glad to hear about the career opportunity, and either way I hope everything works out for you, brother Chris. I will keep in touch. 73 for now. Your friend, Jojo.
It's been a while, brother. Hope all is well. I'm still going to stop by and put up your antenna. I think of you every time I key up the 2340, be safe.
Chris

Reactions: loosecannon

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?