• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Conversion for Uniden 2600 to 11 Meters

1300TD

Mar 17, 2011
South Central Mo.
Hi
Does anyone have a source to convert an Uniden HR2600 to 11 Meters? I purchased one and have been told that it requires a crystal change and complete realignment of the Trans. & Rec. ..Thanks Ralph:whistle:

I could be wrong but I'm trying to remember that the only recourse on the 2600 is to do the ChipSwitch on it. ChipSwitch is a custom CPU made for that series radio and would also go in the 2510 to add extra features.

Try and google ChipSwitch / Chip Switch HR2510 and see if they're still available somewhere.

Doesn't get any easier from there. The CPU is a close-spaced 50 pin chip and requires a master solderer to de-solder the factory chip and put the new one in. Best thing to do after removing the factory chip is to install a matching 50 pin SOCKET in the space and then just plug in the ChipSwitch.

If you can't find a CS and no other mod turns up, then just sell the 2600 to a ham and go with something else.

My opinion.....then ain't all that great a radio anyway. I've had a 2510 with the CS done and every other mod that ever came out for them and I'd just a soon have an RCI 2950.

Good luck

You can -

A) Replace the HR2600 chip with a Chipswitch

B) Replace the HR2600 chip with a HR2510 chip and then do the HR2510 conversion process

C) Replace a crystal and then re-tune the radio but your frequency display won't show the actual frequency you're on.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.