• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Converted 10M vs. 11M

S

Shvlhead

Hello, me again.

I'm looking at the Copper site and there are some 10m radios in my price-range. Copper will tune and convert to 11m for $30.

Am I better getting a 10m and converting it to 11m, or should I just stick with the Galaxy 959?

Will a converted 10m boot up in 11m mode? What about channel selection, will it go automagically to the corresponding frequency on 11m (CB)?

If going with a converted 10M, which should I get:

Galaxy DX 33/44/55/66/or77

VOYAGE VR 9000

MAGNUM 257

Mirage RCI 2950

If FM any use on the 11m band? What is CW and what's the difference between FM and CW (is it carrier wave???)?

RECOMMENDATIONS PLEASE

</p>

OK your best investment would be in the Magnum 257 (I'm sure many, if not all of the people here will agree with me on that), get it converted you will be able to get to the normal cb channels just fine. CW is the mode which is used to communicate through use of morse code and FM is rarely used on CB. I hope that helps and feel free to ask more questions

--------------------------------

yaesu.gif

</p>

The 2950 DX is a good choice as well, both the magnum and the RCI are dual finaled and both radio must be converted, just because the RCI gets 10 and 12 meter it skips over the 11 meter band without being modified. Hope this helps!

yaesu.gif

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.