• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Converting the RCI 99N2. This week...

nomadradio

Analog Retentive
Apr 3, 2005
Louisville, KY
www.nomadradio.com
RCI 99N2. Here's a new radio with a seemingly-random secret handshake to make it work on 11 meters. The shiny spots with the alignment tool pointing at them were bridged with solder, each front to rear. A dab of the soldering iron separates them, as seen in the pic.

VwP1EF.jpg

Haven't looked around to see if anyone else has posted this. If experience is any guide, the next batch of them will probably have some screwy added detail needed to do this.

Yes sir, I did a picture tour and conversion on rcix9 which is the same method. I thought it might be the same on this one but you've confirmed it with this thread. The simple blob removal.

Curious but how was the alignment on that one after conversion?

The x9 was way off frequency and probably everything else. Still have to send it to Chris Holland so he can straighten it out.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I just got mine. THE RANGER RCI99n. THE FIRST 250W RADIO I 'VE EVEFR OWNED, AND I'M TELLING YOU THE 955 HP HAS BEEN MY RADIO OF CHOICE. NOW I AM ENJOYING MY NEW RANGER A WHOLE LOT MORE.

KR5ECC

Reactions: Enterprise312ok

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.