• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cool Car???????

CDX197

Apr 2, 2005
Nebraska's cornfields
Ok woke up this morning at Noon :D and my sister bf asked if i saw the car that they were taking for the baseball trip. I was like no i just got up. So i looked out the window and wasnt to impressed. Didnt think much of it till he said lets take a ride in it. Well found out it was a GTO. Dont ask me what year but that sucker kicks ass. :D we touched 90 in 3rd and could still go faster but lost our road. This car has some balls. Hooker exhaust. I have some pictures,
000_1116.jpg
000_1115.jpg
000_1114.jpg
000_1117.jpg
Its a pretty nice car. To bad i cant drive it. :(

Yeah i had actually One family memeber and a friend die in a car wreck. But One was drunk. But yeah its a pretty kick ass car. :D First thing he said to me was "No you cant drive it"

please....

that is not fast....maybe quick...

want a fast car...

try a Ferrari,viper,vette,mosler,t-rex,Lamborghini,gt-40
and as i perfer porsche

That is a nice car. But always remember drinking and driving do not mix well. And if you have lost a couple friends or family,That should of been a wakeup call. And as for speed, I am sure all of us have did it at one time or another in our lifetime. But You never know what can happen at speeds like that.

yeah like i said we touched 90 but whe could have gotten it over 100 without a problem. And i couldnt imagin what it would do in 5th gear. But its always safety first around here. Plus my sisters Bf is a Drivers ed teacher so no matter what its always a seat belt. But i dont think a seat belt is gonna help anyone in that car. Its pretty sweet ill tell you that. Rides really smooth. Shifts like a dream. Sure that sucker cost a nut and a half. TO much for me. Now a benz would do just fine for me. :D

best cars i drove were the 917/30.....956...962

and yes..
it is far more the driver..
but a driver needs a decent car at least..

i used to laugh for driving my old a 944 turbo along a long strech by long island beaches...where cops never was able
able to pull me over to give me a ticket...

did my share of street racing as well..
lost once to a contach (with a good driver in it)..

funnest race i was in...

some mustang kept incesting on wanting to race me..
was a simple slightly modified GT...

1st light he gave me thumbs up...i gave thumbs down..
he took off when light went green...i simply went putt putt putt
2ed light...he reved engin a few times and gave tumbs up..
Again i gave thumbs down..
he took off like a bat out of hell
i went putt putt putt...

just before third light
he waitted for me then cut me off BIG time..

he again gives me thumbs up and raced his engine at the 3rd light...
this time i gave thumbs up
so when the light turned green (he was in left lane and i in right lane)...

Vaa Room...off we went..

i was about 2.5 car lenghs ahead of him...
just going to 4th...

when out of the right corner of my eyes i caught a cop parked in a lot...looking to catch racers...
so just as i was barly in 4th i dropped to second ...
my porsche was eating pavement in a super quick nose dive as i was heavy on the brakes..

i still remember the grin on the guys face as he screemed past me on my left....obviously thinking i blew a shift...

as i was now nearly doing 10 mph...i saw the cop had already pulled over the mustang GT..

i gave a tute on the horn and gave a huge Thumbs up..
the cop looked a bit confussed...
but it made my night...lol

ahh but that was the 80's

oh well....now i simply go to wakins glen to watch the races

Later

Hey check this out :www.silverstateclassic.com/
Once a year we have the "Silver State Classic Challenge" where they close a section of 2 lane highway over 100 miles for unlimited racing. The last top speed record made that i can remember was an average speed of 197mph with a top speed of 222mph................ finished under 29 minutes.
The link will provide you with all necessary info.........com'on i dare ya :p

Very interesting..

I didnt realise....they were doing that..
wonder if i can run a 3 wheeled car..

will email them and see..

nice link novakor

That is a new (and now discontinued) Pontiac GTO, they have a 400HP motor and are quite fast for the money. They can run about a 13.1 second Qtr Mile, yes a Viper is faster but it's also 3x the price. The only mistake Pontiac made with the new GTO is they made it look just like a Grand AM or Sunfire. Had they done 60's retro work on it like the new Mustang and new Dodge Challenger they would have done great. When they first came out a company did a custom retro mod to one with Chevelle qtr panels, they made it look just like a new version 70 Chevelle SS 396/454. Sadly GM decided not to build a new version Chevelle. Too bad, GM missed the mark.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.