• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Couple ?? on MFJ 259B

DXman

Yes, that's 3100 degrees F. Nine yrs of hard work.
Apr 5, 2005
West Coast - Washington
Hooked the meter to the Ped. 10K and this was the readings;

R=78 X=7 SWR=1:7

Now with my other two meters the match was 1:1. I tried moving the stinger up and down and there was no difference, this was the lowest I could get for SWR and X

My coax is RG 8x @ 14'

I then hooked up a 18 foot section of the coax that came with the Wilson 1000 and the SWR dropped to 1:3 and R=62 with X=3.

So I replaced that coax with the 14' of RG8x and using a "barrel" connector and a 6' section of the same coax the SWR dropped to 1:1 and R=52 and X=0. So I now have 20'

So now everything looks good, but here is my question; By adding more coax is this just fooling the meter?

Can I hook up just a short piece of coax (1",2" etc.) and check the antenna this way?

</p>

You can use a short piece (6" or so) but I'd set it for use with the piece of coax you're going to use. If 20' shows it at 50 ohms 0 reactance, use it.

Wm. Warlock "71 and the long black limousine in Va"

Rollingradios@aol.com

Nat. Rep for XForce/Magna Force Customer Service and Support

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.