• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Courier Galaxy IV tuning help needed

Mk121

Oct 28, 2015
Hi,
I have courier galaxy iv and need any and all information for this radio please. Can't seem to find any alignment info or a service manual. It's off quite a bit on ssb transmit. Making it unusable unless someone happens to tune me in. I have bk 1801 frequency counter. Just need to know what pots to turn. Thanks

Mk121,
Unfortunately this is one of those radios that, as far as I can tell, has had very little information circulated/printed/released on it. The only information I have pertaining to this model is- Courier Galaxy V and Galaxy VI are similar chassis. But I have no info on those either.

Hang in there. There are guys on this forum much better equipped than I and can probably point you in a direction.

73's
David

I got that too, thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't help with the frequency adjustment that's needed. Looks like this is a mystery radio.

Ok just wanted to give an update. With the help of a tech I got the frequency tuning cans figured out. At least mostly figured out.
The only number on the board is ss-700. I'm going to try and attach a photo. 15314133235851461067518.jpg 15314133652081526917988.jpg

Those came thru ok, see a jumper wire - so looks like some works' been done to it.

Appears to be more like a 360011Z board - not too populated and as you can see there are traces below, but no holes for them.

Don't quote me on the board number - but it's nearly a dead ringer for the EPT 3600 style - by traces alone - but remember this is an FCC Type-Accepted radio - so they don't have all those bells and whistles you'd see in later revisions. It's not a Galaxy, nor is it a Uniden - but Manufacturers like Gemtronics - used "Copies" for their own - just ask Montgomery Wards - (Who? Oh, never mind...)

You really have a one of a kind radio - kinda' KEWL actually! (y)

:+> Andy <+:

Thanks. Yea it seems very rare. The mic pin out is the same as a Midland. If that tells you anything. Only thing I was able to find on the web is that the Midland 79-265 may be the same board.

Perhaps an Alan series?

When you mentioned Midland - the Pins 2 and 3 reversed type of stuff - I have an Alan 7001 using a 3600-11Z board...

SS360 started out like these too...only kept 4-Pin wiring for Uniden/Cobra

Wow oh wow!

(drool)

:+> Andy <+:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.