• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Courier Gladiator 40

Van Lifeson

Aug 11, 2018
Can anyone give me any information on
Turning up the audio a little bit on a courier 40 channel gladiator? even with a D104 it just does not have very good modulation. Just looking for a little bit of audio that’s all.
Thanks

A673E0B8-49A2-4EB9-91BC-A1759FB0CC99.jpeg Any idea what to clip for some more audio here? This radio is pretty anemic.
And suggestion appreciated!!!

Ive got the 23 and 40. The 23 is on the Sams site. I dont have the 40 but it would be nice to find it. I dont know what the big ordeal is with these. Everyone Ive talked to says they are really special. I find that they dont have mod at all and the board has about 1.5 inches around it making it all nothing more than a monstrosity of a box. If you ever get the SM for the 40, pass it on. Thanks.

Ive got the 23 and 40. The 23 is on the Sams site. I dont have the 40 but it would be nice to find it. I dont know what the big ordeal is with these. Everyone Ive talked to says they are really special. I find that they dont have mod at all and the board has about 1.5 inches around it making it all nothing more than a monstrosity of a box. If you ever get the SM for the 40, pass it on. Thanks.
One little capacitor clip and you have massive audio. Fantastic radio. Yes sir
(and I have no idea what cap I clipped, I found the info on the web somewhere a few years ago when I bought my 40 channel brand new in the box)
One of the best talking radios I have. And I have over 100. Half of them tube radios.
People rave about the audio when I use it
And I’ve heard people talk on it from my base and it sounds phenomenal.

The problem with the Gladiator PLL40 is there was never a SAMS made for it and the schematic that came with a new radio was actually the schematic for a Spartan PLL40. The SAMS 290 for the Centurion PLL40 base station is the best approximation to use for the Gladiator PLL40.

Reactions: Van Lifeson
The problem with the Gladiator PLL40 is there was never a SAMS made for it and the schematic that came with a new radio was actually the schematic for a Spartan PLL40. The SAMS 290 for the Centurion PLL40 base station is the best approximation to use for the Gladiator PLL40.
Thats good info. I appreciate that! Thanks!

One little capacitor clip and you have massive audio. Fantastic radio. Yes sir
(and I have no idea what cap I clipped, I found the info on the web somewhere a few years ago when I bought my 40 channel brand new in the box)
One of the best talking radios I have. And I have over 100. Half of them tube radios.
People rave about the audio when I use it
And I’ve heard people talk on it from my base and it sounds phenomenal.
Hmmmmm...... the elusive cap. Maybe someone on here can shed a little light on which cap it could be. Its got the 1306 07 finals set up, should be able to get as much audio out as a trc457. I have not tried anything yet. Plan on putting it back straight. Bad mod can also be due to over cranking the finals. Could be the cause. Dk is high for my liking. About 7watts. Ima bring it down to about 3 and see if the mod improves. Right now it has all the signs of overdriving. Reverse mod swing. I think this radio was broadbanded somewhat. Need to find out which cans do what and realign it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated