• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CPI 2000 MIC WIRING ?

Switch Kit

Apr 6, 2005
The radio calls for this ......
Pin 1: Audio Hot
Pin 2: Audio Ground (Shield)
Pin 3: PTT Hot
Pin 4: PTT Return (and then it say pins 3 and 4 are shorted for transmit)

IM guessing ? PTT Hot is transmit ? and PTT return would be receive ?

This is a very nice radio and I don't want to make a mistake. I want to put a 5 wired mic on this radio that is already wired to a 4 pin plug as the CPI 2000 is.

If IM right about the PTT hot and PTT Return and I was using a 6 wire Astatic 575M6 hand held with colored wires as goes ........

White: audio
shield: ground
black: receive
red: transmit
blue: common
yellow: ground in receive

Would I wire the CPI 2000 like this .......
Pin 1 White : Audio
Pin 2 Shield/blue common
Pin 3 Red :Transmit
Pin 4 Black " Receive (not using the the yellow : ground in receive as many times this wire is not used)

Then jumping (or shorting as they say) the Transmit and Receive together from pins 3 and 4 ? this is what tends to confuse me here the most . Appreicate any help on this one. Thanks

Well I took my chances and figured it out on my own , I was right in the way I was thinking , I suppose the blue wire (common ground) with the shield wire took care of business.

The radio didn't need a jumper or shorted as stated from TX to RX (IM guessing the common ground had something to do with it)

Man this CPI 2000 is somekind of CB Radio !! thanks all the same. This is just my cell phone pic. (Damn ! had it on the small setting)
imagejpeg2bb5.jpg

Last edited:
Well I took my chances and figured it out on my own , I was right in the way I was thinking , I suppose the blue wire (common ground) with the shield wire took care of business.

The radio didn't need a jumper or shorted as stated from TX to RX (IM guessing the common ground had something to do with it)

Man this CPI 2000 is somekind of CB Radio !! thanks all the same. This is just my cell phone pic. (Damn ! had it on the small setting)
imagejpeg2bb5.jpg

Switch Kit,

Thanks for the posting...yes, 5 year later! I just needed to wire up a new RF Limited 2018 Extreme hand mic (from Redman CB) to my CPI-2000, and as wired with a 4-pin adapter, it didn't work. So after reading the above, I rewired as follows:

- Wire the RF Limited Red wire (Mic Audio Output) to Pin 1 (MIC HOT)
- Wire the RF Limited Black and Shield wires (PTT Common Ground & Ground) to Pin 2 (MIC GROUND)
- Wire the RF Limited White Wire (PTT Transmit) to Pin 3 (TRANSMIT)
- Wire the RF Limited Blue Wire (PTT Receive) to Pin 4 (TRANSMIT)

...and voila! It works like a charm. Thanks Switch Kit!

Brad
KF6PSL
Salt Lake City, UT
------------------------------------------------------

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.