• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CPI CP 2000

Robb

Honorary Member Silent Key
Dec 18, 2008
Silicon Valley CA, Storm Lake IA
I'm having a hard time finding info on this radio and the mods that I can apply. It needs some TLC so I want to give some before I sell it. Its been sitting in my closet and I got to make it work before I do. Any one know where the best info on it can be found?
Thanks!

Last edited:

Thanks for helping out, Booty Mon. If I can't find a good shop around in my neck of the woods that has an repair manual, Im' in trouble. Are there any reputable radio shops in the Bay Area (San Jose) of CA? Any one know?

im no expert at all !!!!!!! . freecell , DTB and sparky would be the first 3 folks i would contact about fixing a nice vintage radio like that . the S&H is incidental for getting quality work . im not at all saying others couldnt do it , i certianly dont know all of them . that just my opinion , and we all know what opinions are like dont we ? LOL

they also might be able to help you find the schematics ??????

Thanks for helping out, Booty Mon. If I can't find a good shop around in my neck of the woods that has an repair manual, Im' in trouble. Are there any reputable radio shops in the Bay Area (San Jose) of CA? Any one know?

You should be able to find what you need and get 'er done...

If not, dint you buddies on the Roy show know a place, over the hill I think, Clays CB?

I've thought about opening shop in the silly cone valley before. Seemed like a lot of work for pennies though.

BTW, did you fix that pyramid power supply?

One of the locals here has tons of CPI stuff, and has a ton of info, and knows people that work on CPIs exclusively. I'll ask him next time I talk to him, and post back.

I'm having a hard time finding info on this radio and the mods that I can apply. It needs some TLC so I want to give some before I sell it. Its been sitting in my closet and I got to make it work before I do. Any one know where the best info on it can be found?
Thanks!

I had a chance to get one of those years ago for $150.00 from the original owner,in the box and unmodified but being brain washed by the big radio club i passed on that "old" radio. Could kick myself in the ass now because those things bring nice money on eBay and are supposed to be one of the better radios from that time.

Wish you luck with it and let us know if you put it on the bay,i may have to bid on it myself!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.