• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CQ WW 2013

SSB CONTEST in full swing....Bands are a buzzing
Already worked
CQ ZONES...35/31/30/22 and a bunch of 15's...40mtr's is working(y)
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Got back on about 7:00z on 40mtr's for couple hours...
TO5A...Zone-08
XE1RCS...06
P49Y...09
PT2CM...11
0Z7X...14
NH7A...31...(2 BANDS 10/40MTR'S)

ZONE 33
EF8U
CR3A
CQ3L

Then went to 75 to work the group, band was really quite...
one of the guys said he worked:

D4C...Cape Verde off the coast of AF on 160mtr's!!!!

I did work them on 40mtr's last night...Big Sig!;)
All the Best
Gary

Some great contest stations on the bands.....I worked many on 20,15 and 10 on and off from the start thru yesterday evening. Was able to work multiple countries and several new ones!! I Downloaded a log that is contest specific, it really was easy to see if a station had been worked before and if it was a new country....it even keeps a score based on the Wwwcq rules and points! Best 10.00 I've spent in a long time, may get into the bands some more this afternoon......Condition were great and looks like they are going be stay good for a while. Good luck and hope you gets some rare ones! 73

I KC4TVZ made a little over 400 QSO in the CQ WW DX Contest. I had 127 countires confirmed before this DX contest and now have 128 countries confirmed. Of course, I know everyone has not had time to upload. It has been mostly the same countries over and over and over again. However, I may get at least another new country. Just wonder where all the other countries operators are hiding? Guess either on the new mode JT065 or on that old mode CW. I operated CW last weekend to not pick up but one new country. Most of the operators were running from 35WPM to 80WPM, I clocked them with DM780.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

The XYL and I did make 4 New 10-10 contacts over the weekend and plenty of other 10-10 contacts but even many 10-10 members was participating in the contest. After I posted the message on Sunday evening, I decided to focus on the contest because the DX was working good from Scotland and England that late in the afternoon. It was like 4 or 5PM here and the west coast was just starting to call. Then for the next 3 hours Japan, Australia, and Alaska came in strong, ended up with 508 QSO. Most Japan ever, even more than South America. Wow...! Could have had at least another 10 New 10-10 contacts but decided to just focus on the contest for those last 3 hours. Hopefully, I can recover some of those missed 10-10 contacts over the next week or so.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio