• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CQ WW CW

928bolo

Supporting Member
Jul 7, 2008
www.nb3r.com
The CQ World Wide CW contest is this weekend. If you are working on DXCC, or need band fills, this is a great contest to pack your logbook.

Here is a list of announced operations during the contest. https://www.ng3k.com/Misc/cqc2021.html

SFI is creeping up and the A and K are low. Conditions won't be great but contests seem to make their own propagation.

Exchange is RST (yes, always 5nn, hihi) and CQ zone. Same country contacts are zero points but zones count as multipliers. Make sure you work zones 3, 4, and 5. You can work a call once per band.

If you are learning CW this contest is a great way to study. Strange calls signs come fast and furious. You may not get it the first time. Keep listening to get the full call. Yes some of the speeds are ridiculous.

My goal is 2.5 million points. My contest buddy Jon is recovering from heart surgery and got a bout of COVID as a bonus. He is going to be OK but we worked hard to prep for this contest (added 2nd tower and antenna) and he can't participate. He will be monitoring my score online and praising/flogging as necessary.

Bands not terrible though 160 was very noisy. Some amazing operators (not me) and interesting DX. Good Fun.

Capture.PNG

Good fun. 1,798 Qs and DXCC on 3 Bands. I used Jon’s call, NJ3I, during the contest.

Working JAs from the East Coast is always fun but disappointing, that the multiplier screen full of them, disappears when you work the 1st one. Then they become just another contact. More productive to keep working EU and SA to keep the QSO rate up.

A few highlights:
UK8IQ Uzbekistan 20M
EY8MM Tajikistan 40M
UP4L Kazakhstan 40M
UP0L Kazakhstan 20M
4K6FO Azerbaijan 20M
JW5E Svalbard 20M
FK4KR Reunion Island 15M
3B8M Mauritius on 3 bands (and several other African stations)
VU2GDS India 20M
VU2XE India 20M
DT8A South Shetland 40M (KING SEJONG Antarctic Scientific Base)

New DX Engineering SkyHawk tri-band worked great. 160 and 10 was a wash out.

Oh…..and two inches of snow!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated