• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Craig 4201

Greg T

WDX-945 (Jazz Singer) Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Sep 18, 2014
Escanaba, Michigan
Does anyone know how to increase the modulation on a Craig 4201? I can find schematics, tune up instructions, Mic wiring, but no modulation increase.

If you can trust Sam's (CB-99), R192 is the modulation adjustment and R191 will adjust the modulation meter.

There's also a pdf out there that says cut CR118 and CR119. I'd suggest just desoldering in case it doesn't work. Link thingee: https://preview.tinyurl.com/4reeud4p

Sorry, don't actually have a 4201 to confirm any of this with. Use at own risk, buyer beware, blah blah blah...

Reactions: Greg T
Thank you very much, guys. Much appreciated. I have no idea why this stuff doesn't show up in the search engines.

Thank you very much, guys. Much appreciated. I have no idea why this stuff doesn't show up in the search engines.

I cheated a bit. Looked it up in the Sam's index and then checked the relevant book for transmitter alignment. Search engine won't do that.

Reactions: Greg T
I cheated a bit. Looked it up in the Sam's index and then checked the relevant book for transmitter alignment. Search engine won't do that.

Appreciated. As I checked out the links I remembered that I have all of the Masters publications stuffed in a closet from back in the day when I was "golden screwdrivering" for the locals. ;)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.