• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Craigslist goodie

Hmmmmmm, maybe I need to sell my 811H since it only will do 800 watts max and
buy this one to replace it!! (I don't run mine that hard, but, it will do it.......but not for days!!) Someone is smoking the good stuff for sure!!
trucker

Reread the ad, it could be possible since it has had the power supply upgraded and the 572B's are rated higher
output than the 811's are. But, 2500 watts for DAYS????

The AL572 has 200v more on the plate and gets 1300 watts. i called him, he claims 1300 am with 70 watts drive. i wonder if it still has the tank coil.
Rich

He changed the parts or upgraded them to make it worth the tube change from the 811 to 572B tubes. Basically he made it into a 572B Ameritron clone. Alot of people did the tube swap with thinking there was going to be a big power jump but they dont realize there had to also be some curcuit changes ;)

If you also look at the Dentron Clipperton L amplifier it also runs 4 x 572B tubes and is rated also at 1300 watts. The 572B is an outstanding reliable tube if not beat to pi$$. Its no 3-500Z powerhouse tube but none the less reliable when ran within its limits.

Im actually glad to see someone did the tube swapover the correct way and did the mods and upgrades to make it even worth doing! Although I to would love to know what meter he is using to test this power output even on a true peak reading meter these power readings shouldnt be possible I say this because I own an amplifier with 572B tubes and know what I see at driving them with 60 watts.

He changed the parts or upgraded them to make it worth the tube change from the 811 to 572B tubes. Basically he made it into a 572B Ameritron clone. Alot of people did the tube swap with thinking there was going to be a big power jump but they dont realize there had to also be some curcuit changes ;)

Those are the kind of people that should not be running an amp as they obviously have no idea about amplifier operation.

If you also look at the Dentron Clipperton L amplifier it also runs 4 x 572B tubes and is rated also at 1300 watts. The 572B is an outstanding reliable tube if not beat to pi$$. Its no 3-500Z powerhouse tube but none the less reliable when ran within its limits.

My first choice for glass tubes for an HF amp would be a pair of 3-500Z's followed very closely by a quad of 572B's. Very good tube that will take some abuse and gives decent power out; 1200-1300 watts for four of them with decent drive levels.

Im actually glad to see someone did the tube swapover the correct way and did the mods and upgrades to make it even worth doing! Although I to would love to know what meter he is using to test this power output even on a true peak reading meter these power readings shouldnt be possible I say this because I own an amplifier with 572B tubes and know what I see at driving them with 60 watts.

Perhaps he was getting those numbers on 11m where we all know the natural laws of physics and electrical engineering simply do not apply. :laugh:

Reactions: 2 people

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.