• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Crank/Tilt antenna towers?

Vert and Horz, must be new design.

Yeah Mustang, I was on top of the Ridge in Palmdale in my 4X4 truck avoiding all the AH's from southern ca going way to fast. I turned around not because of the snow, but knowing more snow and more ya hoos will be on the road.

Jay in the Great Mojave desert

My self supporting 64 foot Trylon T500 steel tower is rated for 52 sq. ft. , yes that is fifty-two sq. ft. of wind loading in a 70 mph. wind. 32 sq. ft. in a 70 mph wind with half inch radial ice on everything. Trylon calls it a light duty tower. I wouldn't even THINK of putting anywhere near that on an aluminum tower.

One of the neat-o keen-o things Ive done is to install a Aluminum Tubing on top of the tower to give the antenna another 10 feet of height. Had it up for years taking all the Santa Ana Wind Storms and desert winds. Its 1/4 wall thickness 6061T6 12 feet long and its bullet proof. Yep it has Guy lines.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

Aluma Tower makes a great choice.Lite & they go up & down with ease.A local friend runs his up & down with a cordless drill with an adapter he made.He has several beams & a vertical on it.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: FredTx63
I said the wrong thing in posting #18. I said I installed "Aluminum Tubing" at top of the tower to get another 10 feet of antenna height. Tubing is way thinner than Aluminum
Pipe. So I should have said "Aluminum Pipe, The Aluminum Pipe is made of 6061T6, its 12 feet long, with a wall thickness of 1/4 inch, and its not a light weight piece. Plenty bullet proof to handle big antennas and such. Ok.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert.... "Next Gas 150 Miles"

Reactions: Slowmover
Yeah that's kind of a confusing thing there how they call tubing or pipe. When I order Aluminum Tubbing or Aluminum Pipe the vendors catalog calls out Outside diameter with a wall thickness spec, for both. But has the tubing and pipe on separate sections.

Had to replace some galvanized water pipes in the wall, they called it 3/4 inch pipe, that had a 3/4 inch Inside diameter. Ok I think copper pipe is also rated that way with the ID diameter.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated