• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Crap! Ordered the Baofeng UV-5R and noticed...

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
it has that damned reverse SMA antenna. Guess I'll have to order a decent aftermarket dual band replacement. I've been seeing some spectrum analyzer results of some of these import rigs antenna choices...AND THEY SUCK. The stock ducky that was on my UV-3R really blows. You have to be careful buying alternatives on Ebay, as many are counterfeit junk.

Diamond makes a nice reverse SMA version of their RH77CA duck, but is kinda big and stiff for these little rigs.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/2368.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHLFWivJtWc

Last edited:

so i'll need so239 to bnc male or female connector? to hook up with a mobile mag mount, as i drive different vehicles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Anchorage, AK, United States 03/08/2012 5:11 P.M. The scheduled connection was missed.
03/08/2012 4:51 P.M. A flight delay occurred because of aircraft mechanical reasons.
03/08/2012 12:02 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/08/2012 8:12 P.M. Departure Scan
03/08/2012 7:40 P.M. Departure Scan
03/08/2012 3:03 P.M. Export Scan
Dongguan, China 03/07/2012 10:40 P.M. Departure Scan
03/07/2012 9:01 P.M. Origin Scan
China 03/07/2012 8:15 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Would have had my UV-5R tomorrow, but seems there is a problem with the plane. CRAP!

Well this radio is incapable of being programmed with offsets and tones via the radios keyboard into a memory channel. You have to use the software to accomplish this task, even then, it's hit or miss.

My radio is the Chinese voice only. I have not confirmed the issue in the English voice versions.

There are many sellers shipping this unit.

I like the look and feel of the rig and it has good audio reports. The supplied duck seems ok. BUT, not being able to program offsets and tones manually, sucks a big one and is a deal breaker for me.

If your going to order one...I'd wait and order one from a stateside supplier that will comfirm you get the right version.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.