• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Crap! Ordered the Baofeng UV-5R and noticed...

Mudfoot

Elmer
Jun 17, 2009
Southeast Ohio
it has that damned reverse SMA antenna. Guess I'll have to order a decent aftermarket dual band replacement. I've been seeing some spectrum analyzer results of some of these import rigs antenna choices...AND THEY SUCK. The stock ducky that was on my UV-3R really blows. You have to be careful buying alternatives on Ebay, as many are counterfeit junk.

Diamond makes a nice reverse SMA version of their RH77CA duck, but is kinda big and stiff for these little rigs.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamantht/2368.html

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHLFWivJtWc

Last edited:

so i'll need so239 to bnc male or female connector? to hook up with a mobile mag mount, as i drive different vehicles.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Anchorage, AK, United States 03/08/2012 5:11 P.M. The scheduled connection was missed.
03/08/2012 4:51 P.M. A flight delay occurred because of aircraft mechanical reasons.
03/08/2012 12:02 P.M. Arrival Scan
Shenzhen, China 03/08/2012 8:12 P.M. Departure Scan
03/08/2012 7:40 P.M. Departure Scan
03/08/2012 3:03 P.M. Export Scan
Dongguan, China 03/07/2012 10:40 P.M. Departure Scan
03/07/2012 9:01 P.M. Origin Scan
China 03/07/2012 8:15 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Would have had my UV-5R tomorrow, but seems there is a problem with the plane. CRAP!

Well this radio is incapable of being programmed with offsets and tones via the radios keyboard into a memory channel. You have to use the software to accomplish this task, even then, it's hit or miss.

My radio is the Chinese voice only. I have not confirmed the issue in the English voice versions.

There are many sellers shipping this unit.

I like the look and feel of the rig and it has good audio reports. The supplied duck seems ok. BUT, not being able to program offsets and tones manually, sucks a big one and is a deal breaker for me.

If your going to order one...I'd wait and order one from a stateside supplier that will comfirm you get the right version.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned