• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 now available in U.S.

ahh im not in sales i thought they meant people selling em.All i know is this radio looks bad ass.Your review was awesome and i cant wait to touch one.Just bought a 2950dx so probably not a good idea to splurge again but screw it.

that cre 8900 sounds amazing on sideband. i got an order coming from a1, i should have asked about these.

hey cbmagman , thanks again for all the work and time you put into your site to share your results with us :)

have you had time to compare the am and ssb audio quality of the 8900 to the am and ssb audio quality of a 2950dx and a magnum 45 or 257 ?
what your opinion if you have ?
thanks ;)

Mobile ANL/NB

How is the ANL/NB in this radio. I have an older Magnum 257 (yellow) with great receive for base station use but once mobile, it picks up a ton of vehicle and environmental noise and the ANL/NB doesn't cut enough of it out... that's why I'm not getting another 257 for mobile use. I am so tempted to order this radio... should I?... Should I do it?

I do like the radio however, the NB/ANL sucks........... I installed my venerable 148 GTL and most of the noise went away....

Pretty sad i have had all kinds of fancy export and 10 meter radio in my ride and i always seem to go back to my beat up 1979 148 GTL side mic....

I just found this thread, was looking at the AT5555, this seems like a nice radio also. I wish I had some locals on one, I would love to put it in my car!

Nice DIN rig. Sure I'd like to have one. Got a similar Alpha 10 Max AM 1000 for now. The 8900 Doesn't appear to be a big AM swinger as noted on the review (10-20w)

If you can fit it and afford it, hold out for the Stryker SR-955HP. Great performer on all modes and has a VFO. Did I mention it has a high cut switch that really works? Yes sir.

It's really cool that they keep coming out with new and interesting rigs but my wallet keeps getting lighter :drool:

mine is a bit off frequency for ch 35 27.348.20 for transmit and receive on the high side
need no the names of tuning pots get it back to 12.00 o'clock

I believe you can make adjustments via the menu software. Hold down the func button while powering on - then press rb, nb/anl, dw in order and it should take you into a function menu.

If will show some numbers by mode (AM,LSB,USB) and you can adj the freq by turning the channel knob. The numbers are arbitrary so make sure you mark down your starting point and then adjust up or down from there.

I messed around with this one day a while back so I think this is correct but I can't make any guarantees.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.