• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cre 8900 Output seems low.

Mine came from bells. I haven't seen my tuneup report yet, but on my brand new diamond sx-100 it doesn't do near those numbers. On ssb or am. I have know idea how accurate my meter is, but I've heard great things about the diamond.

OK I figured out what my problem was. My radio is fine and performing better (2-15 deadkey swinging 5-41 on AM and swinging to 32 SSB) simply because I had my mic gain too low. I am still trying to get the best sounding adjustments but mic gain set to 38 and road devil set to half got good reviews so far and my first DX QSO with this radio and antenna. Still have yet to figure out how to use this talkback with the road devil though.

Does seem odd the AM is swinging 40+ and the SSB is 30+ but I can live with this, at least is acting more like when I unboxed it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.